Maths Teacher – Second in Department – KS3 & KS4, Waltham Abbey, September 2017
Reed Education Essex are currently working with a great school on an exciting new role in the Waltham Abbey area.
Starting from September 2017, the school are looking for an outstanding Maths Teacher to join them as a Second in Department on a permanent basis.
• The school’s most recent Ofsted saw them graded as a Good School. Some of the findings were:
“Leaders and governors are instilling an ethos founded on high expectations for all pupils and their teachers. This has secured improved outcomes and behaviour for pupils since the last inspection.”
“The quality of teaching is improving. Expert leadership of teaching by the head of school results in a consistent approach by most teachers. Pupils benefit from this and most achieve well.”
• The students who attend this school are aged between 11-16.
• The Academies motto encompasses three core values:
o To challenge. Our curriculum and the quality of our teaching allows all students, whatever their ability, to be challenged in all aspects of their learning. Clear academic targets allow students to take responsibility for their learning journey in attaining these targets
o To support. At King Harold Academy we offer a safe and supportive environment with a team of form tutors and pastoral leaders who oversee the care of our students. We support all of the students in their learning and in their social, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
o To inspire. We seek to inspire the students in their learning as they work towards their goals, whether these be academic or personal. The children at our school are inspired to make the most of the opportunities afforded to them.
• You will be teaching Maths to KS3 & KS4 whilst assisting the head of maths with relevant duties.
• You will be responsible for the teaching and learning of students.
• The opportunities that this Academy can offer are;
o A comprehensive induction programme
o Ongoing extensive professional development;
o On-site gym access;
o Child Care Voucher Scheme;
o Free membership to ‘Wider Wallet’;
o Allocated onsite parking space.
What you will need:
• You will be a qualified teacher with QTS.
• You will be experienced teaching within a secondary school.
• You will be a creative leader ready to take on a new challenge.
• You will be committed to providing students with the best quality of teaching.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Competitive pay rates
• 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
• The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Reed Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
5 years ago