Student Visa

ESI is proudly representing many renowned educational institutions, colleges & universities in UK & Cyprus & have sent many students abroad for higher studies. We carefully assess the applicant through his educational history, proof of available funds for study, genuineness & intentions of the applicant before proceeding his/her admission & visa application. We also assist the applicant in preparation for interview at the embassy.

People who have secured a place to study on a full-time basis at some form of educational institution may enter the UK as a student. In practice, at least 15 hours a week must be spent in study and the student must be able to meet the cost of the course, maintenance and accommodation without working. However, those on student visas may work 20 hours/week during term time and 40 hours/week during holidays. Normally there are no restrictions on a spouse and children working in the UK, if the student will be studying longer than one year.

Candidates wishing to enter the UK on a student visa should make it clear to any immigration and visa officers that they intend to return ‘home’ at the end of their studies.

Student visas are normally granted for an initial period of one year, usually determined by the length of the course to be studied.

Medical and dental graduates seeking post-graduate training or further studies can normally gain entry to the UK on a student visa. Those training within the medical profession may also visit the UK to undertake exams as a visitor and having passed these exams can switch to a training visa in country.

Prospective Students:

Students willing to study in UK must demonstrate following rules:


That they have been accepted for a course of study at a bonafide institution of further or higher education.

That they are able and intend to follow a full-time degree at a bonafide institution, or a weekly day time course including attendance at a single institution of at least 15 hours organized day time study of one subject or directly related subjects.

They intend to leave the UK at the end of their studies and do not intend to take employment or engage in business, apart from part time or vacation work undertaken with the consent of the secretary of state for education and employment.

That they are able to meet the cost of the course and their maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds.

Meaning of Rules:

Full time studies: Students will normally need a letter from a college in which they intend to study, confirming that they have been accepted on a particular full-time course. Full time for immigration purpose is defined at least 15 hours organized day time class per week.

Financial Support: Students must show that they have the money to pay their fees and to live in the UK without needing to work and without recourse to public funds. Overseas students may be allowed to work part-time, and any earnings from employment they may obtain will not be taken into consideration by the Home Office in assessing their financial viability although any savings they may have built up through working can be taken into account.

Ability to Follow the Course: Immigration officers also have to be satisfied that the student’s academically able to follow the course. They will check the student’s proficiency in English during the interview.

Families of Students:

The rules require spouse of students are

They are married to a person admitted to, or allowed to remain in the UK as student.

The couple intends to live together as husband and wife while the student is studying and the marriage is still subsisting.

There will be adequate maintenance and accommodation for them and any dependents without recourse to public funds.

They do not intend to work unless permitted to do so.

They intend to leave the UK at the end of any leave granted.

The family members will be give same time limit on their stay as the student him or herself and cannot be given any longer period. Spouses will be prohibited from working if they are given leave to enter or remain for less than 12 months.

Welfare Entitlement

The families of students are entitled to state education, National Health Service medical treatment and any other benefit for which they meet the qualifying conditions.


The rules for students extension state that the students must still meet the requirements for leave to enter as student and;

1. They must produce satisfactory evidence of regular attendance or of any course they attended in the past.

2. Evidence of satisfactory progress on the course, including the taking and passing of any relevant examinations.

3. They would not if this extension were granted, have spent more than 4 years on course of less than 2 years of duration.

4. They have not come to the end of a period of a scholarship.

How to Apply for Extension:

Students who wish to remain in the UK longer than initial time they have been given need to apply to the Home Office for permission, before the time given runs out. As long as the application is made in time, the person applying will still be lawfully in the country while the Home Office considering it.


If student have lived legally in the UK for more than 10 years the Home Office has stated it will consider making an exception to the immigration rules to grant them indefinite leave to remain because of the length of the time they have spent in UK.

Right of Appeal:

Students have the right of appeal, if their course is more than 6 months of duration.

Admissions for Students:

ESI is the official representative of renowned colleges and universities of the UK in Pakistan. We can help you in choosing the right course and university and preparing your case for visa application.